We proudly serve the communities of Bellwood, Berkeley, Broadview, Hillside, Hines, La Grange Park, Westchester, and Western Springs. If you are a resident in one of these communities and in need of food, please visit us. You can visit the pantry once a calendar month and must bring a valid ID.
RULES FOR CLIENTS
Effective January 1, 2023
- At 1938 S. Mannheim Road, park in the parking lot on the north side of the building and come into the building – doors will open at 4:30 pm on Wednesdays and 9:00 am on Saturdays. Do not arrive before 4:00 pm on Wednesdays or 8:30 am on Saturdays. To reduce your wait time, we encourage you to arrive later during the hours we are open.
- You must enter the parking lot from Mannheim Road and exit through the alley, so plan your route accordingly. You must park between the parking lot space lines, not over them. If the parking lot is full, you must leave and come back at a later time. In addition, you must follow any directions given by our parking lot attendants.
- Inside the building, children must stay next to their parent/guardian at all times.
- No Weapons or Firearms are allowed on the premises.
- You MUST prove residency in our service area by showing the following:
- A valid, not expired, driver’s license or state ID card with an address in our service area, OR
- Two current (within the past 60 days) utility bills with your name (must match state ID) and an address in our service area. Utility bills accepted include gas, electric, water, refuse, phone and cable/Internet, OR
- A lease or mortgage bill in your name (must match state ID) with an address in our service area.
- Firearm Owners ID cards, fishing licenses and other recreational IDs will not be accepted.
- You must show proof of residency with valid identification (see above) every time you visit the Pantry. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- We serve each address (client household) ONCE per calendar month, regardless of how many people live at that address. When you check in, please make sure ALL members of your household are registered. In addition, if you live in a multi-unit building or renting space in a home, you must give the volunteer registering you, the additional specifics of where you reside, such as Unit #, Apartment #, Basement, etc.
- Households violating the one-visit-per-month rule will not be served.
- You will be provided with a grocery cart full of healthy food options and a volunteer will help load the groceries into your car. At this time, we are using a hybrid shopping model, meaning you will receive pre-bagged food along with multiple client choice items.
- Households who intentionally try to violate any Westchester Food Pantry policy will be at risk of being banned from using our services.
- Any client who is physically or verbally abusive to other clients or volunteers and/or creating any type of nuisance will be asked to leave.
- The Westchester Food Pantry is a volunteer-run organization that relies on donations to stock its shelves. We do not have unlimited food resources. We reserve the right to refuse service at any time and for any reason.
- In addition, our Wet Nose Pantry is open at the same time as the Westchester Food Pantry. Please let the volunteers know you have a furry family member(s), and pet food will be added to your grocery cart. Just like the regular pantry, the Wet Nose Pantry will service you once each calendar month and you must reside in our service area.
- We are not affiliated with the Village of Westchester. We are an immigrant safe location.
Search for Pantries
You can search for additional pantries in your area using a food map; just enter your zip code to view hours, locations and information on pantries near you.
Need Additional Help?
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for guidance. We are dedicated to connecting you with food and support programs that can improve your quality of life. Call (708) 927-4826 or send us a message.